Sunday, February 7, 2010

Starting My Journey

I am a 30-ish woman that is in a weird place in my life. Have you ever been in that place were you are suppose to be grown but sometimes you wish there was a parent around to take care of some of the issues in your life. No really… I wish I can say, “ Hey Mom, the mortgage is due, how much you got on it” or , “ Daddy the car note, life insurance, car insurance, and utility bills are do….can you handle it for me.”

Oh to be a child again, when worries were few. Well it’s not like I can go chill back at Mom’s because I don’t feel like being a grown up…so I guess I will face the music. *eye rolls*

For me clarity is essential and this year it has been my main focus. So with much thought I came up with a 5 year plan that I am happy with.


1. Obtain civil engineering degree.

I know this is going to be a challenge but getting a business degree was very easy for me. This is not to say that there were no challenging classes…believe me there were. But I did feel it was relatively easier than most degrees. But it is a very valuable degree to have. However, the engineering degree is outside the box for me. Its very math and science focused and I want to challenge myself to do something that requires me to go outside my realm of education and knowledge. Plus my job will pay for a majority of the classes.


2. Sell my home


I love my home but I don’t plan on living in STL forever so it may not be a good idea to keep the home. I plan to make some upgrades. But in 5 years I want to sell it for a decent profit.


3. Move back to California

Yes…. I’m going back to Cali. I did not realize how much I loved California until I moved back to STL. I actually yearn for the ocean. So I want to be back in Ventura County.


I’ve already been accepted into college and start my pre-engineering classes this summer. I just have to get myself back into school mode. I am going to start light at first then by fall hit it hard. I will be so proud of myself when I get this degree the classes for pre-engineering is enough to my me cringe

I’ll be required to take

Pre-Engineering Requirements
Math 1800 (80): Calculus I
Math 1900 (175): Calculus II
Math 2000 (180): Calculus III
Math 2020 (202): Differential Equations
Chemistry 1111 (11): Chemistry I
Chemistry 1121 (12): Chemistry II
Physics 2111(111): Physics I
Physics 2112 (112): Physics II
Engineering 2310 (144): Statics
Engineering 2320 (145): Dynamics

As you can see this ish is no punk. I may need a tutor but that’s cool too. So I ask for your prayers as I start this new journey. It’s time to start (in best Jill Scott Voice) Living my life like it’s golden, living my life like it’s golden, living my life like it’s golden.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with school!

http://me-and-imagination.blogspot.com/

Brandon said...

I'm from Ventura county too...your blog comes right after mine, how funny!

Anonymous said...

valium without prescriptions buy valium by roche online - valium much get high