Monday, August 23, 2010

Pride Before The Fall




Michelle Fonville, an overweight woman who went to get a manicure, pedicure and eyebrow arch at Natural Nails in DeKalb, Georgia, was charged $5 extra because of her weight, reports WSBTV.com.

Fonville shares with the news station: "I was humiliated. I almost cried. Tears were forming in my eyes."

She realized the charges after looking over her bill. Fonville says she thought it was a mistake, until the manager told her she was charged $5 because of her weight.


Salon manager Kim Tran told reporter Eric Philips that the surcharge was due to costly repairs of broken chairs by overweight customers, reports WSBTV.com. Tran explained "the chairs have a weight capacity of 200 pounds and cost $2,500 to fix."

Tran says she shared this message with Fonville. "I didn't want to argue with her about $5. I wanted to make her pleased with her service," Tran said. "I whispered ... I said, 'I'm sorry, next time I cannot take you.'"

All I could think when I read this article is……………Are you serious?

This is pure bullsh*t. There would be no way on God’s green earth that I would ever patronize this business again. Then I would have contacted the news and had that business splashed all over the 10 o’clock. Then I would have got some more of my “fat” homies to help me picket the place and had leaflets to their entire customer on the way in advising them of their discriminatory practices. The store was found on essence.com but this need to get out to more people so fat and skinny chicks alike can let this business know how to properly treat their customer’s.





Read more: http://www.essence.com/news/hot_topics_4/nail_salon_charges_extra_for_overweight.php#ixzz0xS8jXDVC

No comments: