Thursday, July 17, 2008

Life Reflected In Dreams





Have you ever had a bad dream that scared the crap out of you? Well this morning I woke up remembering a horrible nightmare. I dreamt my nephews (who happen to be 1 and 4) were a bit older my (5 and 7) in the dream got into my car and placed it in drive. In the dream I noticed the car was moving and jumped in the car but could not prevent it from crashing and hurting a lot of people. In the dream my nephews were hurt and the car ran over a lot of people.


It’s funny how dreams seem so real. I remember feeling hopeless and wanted to personally apologize to everyone that got hurt. I also remember feeling like I did not do a good job looking after the kids and how disappointed my sister would be.

I don’t know if this dream meant something or not, but once awake I immediately began praying for my nephews. I asked God to protect them and keep them in perfect peace. I felt a little better after that.


I personally believe dreams are meant to incite and evoke action. Of course every dream may not have a purpose, but there are some that virtually takes your breath away. You wake up feeling every emotion that you had in your dream and you vividly remember every detail.

I don’t have children so my nephews are very, very important to me. It is my goal to protect them from harm as much as possible. I’ve slacked off of “Auntie Time” and this dream just reminded me what the consequences are when you take your eyes off the prize.

No comments: