Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Tune Up

Lately I've felt off base. Like I've just been living but not quite paying attention. Ya know just getting through the day. Sunday I was at church and I felt more or less entertained, but truly not in a worshipping mood or spirit. My spirit has been on life support. I truly try to live a life that represent the true essence of God, while maintaining a balance in my life. But lately I've let life with its ups and downs get the best of me.

One of the demons that snatched my joy was complaining. I found myself complaining a lot and not being truly grateful for my blessing. I tended to focus on the things I did not have, and the things I had not achieved and took all that I had for granted.

Then I began to tolerate bullcrap. Dealing with people and relationships that I would have normally cut loose or not bothered with. It was getting really stressful.

Well now I am tired and ready to get back in tune mentally, spiritually and physically. This requires me to take my big girl pill and let some people out of my life. I also have to make up with my creator. Let him know I am sorry and that I miss our relationship.

Being out of tune with your spirit makes life hard and it makes a person resentful and full of hate. My goal is to life a GOLDEN life, free from unnecessary drama.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was also in a spiritually dry place for a while but God is bringing me through it! I posted about this today!
Great post! some Christians just go on through life never even seeking to get out of these sort of places, just content to continue doing business as usual, playing church.
Seek him and make things right!