Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Student Loan Blues

I have just done one of the hardest things I had to do all year. I was trying to avoid this action but there was no way around it. This thing has caused me so much frustration over the years that I sometimes regret that I ever went to college, let alone grad school. Yes I’m talking about the dreaded student loan payments. Seriously I owe over $100,000 .00 dollars worth of student loan debt and I don’t know how or when I can pay these people back.

The original plan was to go to school get a degree (in my case two) and venture into corporate America making the big bucks. I figured by the time the loan payments came due I would be able to afford the extra $540.00 payments a month. Well things did not work out that way. Prior to graduating from grad school 9/11 occurred. During that time many businesses began to lay off and finding a job (any job) was the goal. I found a job I actually loved and was laid off a year after obtaining it.

Since that time I began to work at my present company but I had to start at the bottom. I am slowly (as molasses) working my way up the corporate ladder but these things take time, and time is the one thing I don’t seem to have. I desperately want to pay back SallieMae but I do not have the funds. I think the colleges should not be paid until the student finds adequate employment, instead the student is saddled with debt regardless if they find employment or not. Did you know if you have outstanding student loans you can not get a passport……….. So much for leaving the country and trying my luck in Europe or Dubai!

I am looking for a better paying job within my company…but with they way the economy is going, finding a job…let alone a better job is a job in itself. I’m not saying an education is worthless…because it is not. But depending on your field (mine is business) it can be hard to find employment that pays enough (immediately) to pay back the student loans. So I’ve been approved for another year of deferment. I have one more year to make something happen. I do not want to be in this same position in 2010. I’m not sure what I will do but something will change…..even if I have to change companies or fields CHANGE IS COMING.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
You re, I guess , perhaps very interested to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no initial capital needed You may start to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
AimTrust represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with affiliates everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your choice That`s what you really need!

I`m happy and lucky, I began to take up real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to select a proper companion who uses your savings in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to start , just click this link http://ijeluhyz.freecities.com/lymabup.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to feel the smell of real money

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
You re, I guess , probably curious to know how one can make real money .
There is no initial capital needed You may begin to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
The company incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with offices around the world.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your chance That`s what you really need!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to get real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a proper companion who uses your savings in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://uvabyvyjo.kogaryu.com/babybery.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to become rich

Anonymous said...

Hi!
You may probably be very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields on investments.
There is no need to invest much at first.
You may commense earning with a money that usually is spent
for daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one project for several years,
and I'll be glad to share my secrets at my blog.

Please visit my pages and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I make 1000-2000 per daily now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]