Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Making Changes

I’ve always loved rich chocolaty desserts and sleep. Yes, sleeping and eating any form of chocolate is what I consider a great time. When I was a kid I loved nap time at school and when Mama got tired of dealing with all the kids in the house and said, “Who’s ready to take a nap”, I was the first to raise my hand. As a kid I loved spending the night over my Auntie’s house because she would let me eat chocolate cake and brownies for dinner. Well all that sleeping and eating dessert has caught up with me...I’m officially overweight! In 2007 I joined Jenny Craig and I lost 30lbs, this included exercising and making healthier food choices.


When I moved back to Saint Louis I got back into my old habits and starting sleeping a lot and eating as much chocolate as my body could stand which resulted in me gaining the 30lbs back. Thanks to my bad habits not only have I gained the weight back…but now I’m on high blood pressure medication.

As my doctor put it… “People have been telling you your overweight…now your body is telling you too.” I knew I should’ve listened when my doctor told me to lose weight last year but I thought it was not a big problem. Well the day I went to Walgreens to fill that high blood pressure prescription I knew I had a BIG problem.

So I decided to take control of my health and get back into shape. I’ve hired a trainer…who does not take excuses and demand results. I work out 5-6 times a week and I am eating healthier. I’ve created another blog documenting my weight loss journey. It includes a food journal, my emotions, pics of me as I go though the process of losing weight and weekly weight loss count. My goal is to lose 80lbs before January 30th, 2010. My little cousin Brittany is 14 and over 100lbs overweight and she will be joining me on my weight loss journey so she will be included in the blog as well. I have never exposed myself this much on the internet… but I feel this is something that I must do. Writing about things are helpful to me and may be encouraging to others.

The new address is http://healthyvoluptuousness.blogspot.com/ I have not posted anything just yet but check it out from time to time.

No comments: