Monday, December 26, 2011

X-mas is finally over

Christmas if over and I can barely believe that it was ever actually here. I never got into the holiday spirit. Everything seemed so rushed and seemed to come so fast. Not to mention in STL we are unseasonably warm. It was 50 degrees on Christmas! I put up the tree I even cooked dinner and invited guest over but I still never got into the spirit. I guess the holidays dont seem the same as when I was a kid.

I use to love the holidays. I loved everything about the holidays, the cold weather, the lights, the shopping, the trees, the food and the way people are extra nice. Well things just have changed. It all seems about the money and the gifts. The kids just dont seem as appreciative as they used to be.

But I just had to tell myself maybe I forgot the reason for the season. If I would have remembered Jesus maybe I would have felt the holiday spirit. How was your holiday?

No comments: