Sunday, January 8, 2012

I almost forgot about HIM

Today I went to church. Now as much as I would like to claim that I go to church every Sunday....that would be a lie. But today was one of those days that I felt moved to go to the Lord's house. While there I realized how distracted I have become with everyday life.

I'm back in school and fight for every good grade I can get. There there is the fiancee and separation anxiety. Since we live so far apart there are times that I want to be with him so bad that he takes up all of my mind space. Then there is the healthy plan, which requires me to workout at least 4 times a week. I'm not gonna mention my shaky finances and my inability to save as much money as I would like.

Needless to say I have a lot on my mind. There are times when I can go days without thinking about God or thanking him for his blessings and grace. I even have a bible on my nightstand and lately it has turned into a coaster for my cups.

Today I reflected on how I have placed all the temporal things above God. God has been great to me and that is a fact. I have relied on God when there was simply no one or nothing to hold on too. I have confided in him when I was too embarrassed to tell my friends and family the stupid things I had done.

Things loosened up and got better and I forgot about God. Now I think about him from time to time but not as much as I did when I was sinking and I thought my trouble would overtake me. Lord knows I don't want to be in trouble to find God again.


I didn't have a New Years resolution but I think I will make one. I will make time for God. I will make him a priority in my life because after all he gave up his Son so I could have life.

No comments: