Monday, January 23, 2012

Friends and Your Business.. Does the Two Mix?

So I’m at my friend house picking a drill I let her borrow. I sit down for a minute and we start talking. I start venting about some issues that I am having with my man. She responds by saying, “ Yeah I was telling Aunt Annie about you and your guy and she says she don’t know why you put up with it.”

First of all I only met her Aunt Annie twice and the lady has to be at least 60+ years old. Of course I’m looking her upside her damn head trying to figure out why the hell is her and her Aunt discussing my personal business. I mean at least why the f*ck you sitting up here telling me that you shared my business with a woman a barely even know? Clearly she doesn’t know when to shut the hell up!

She still sitting up there talking and I’m calling her all kind of four and five letter words in my head. So at the moment I decide that I will be very conscience who I share my issues with. People quick to tell your business and keep their shit extra secret.

So the moral to that story is every friend can’t handle knowing your business. Especially if they think your situation is more messed up than their situation so be careful who you share with….I know I will be.


Same friend different scenario. She is without a vehicle at the time and her boyfriend’s car has broken down. I don’t mind helping out my friend and her kid…. but I do mind helping the guy out because I am not his friend. So the other day we out to dinner and on the way back to her house she ask if I can drop her boyfriend off to work. Mind you he calling all through dinner asking her to ask me to take him to work. Okay so I give her the side eye and I say okay. She paid for dinner so I taking her guy to working was just semi irritating.

A few days later I went back to get the drill and on my way out the door I catch him mumbling something and making gestures with his head towards the door. She comes outside and asked if I have anything planned because her and her guy wanted to go out on a day. I let her know I have plans for the evening so that was not possible. I walked away thinking what the hell is wrong with her. If the ninja wanted to take her out he should have asked one of his friends to borrow their car and NOT told her to hit up one of her friends.

Then yesterday I was going to the store and thought she may need a few things too. I called her up and asked if she wanted to ride to the store while I was going. She said she needed to get a few things. I get to the house to pick her up and who comes to ride with her……you got it the boyfriend. I’m like why is he going I have a small car and he is a big dude he just taking up space and really there was just no need to go. So I’m looking all crazy in the face when he gets in. So I am debating if I should tell her that I do not mind helping getting her where she needs to go until she gets on her feet… but I do not want to be hauling around her man too. I don’t know it just rubs me the wrong way. I doesn’t seem manly to me. What are your thoughts?

No comments: