Monday, January 23, 2012

Can You Blame Him



The captain of the Costa Cruises ship that partially sank on Friday after hitting rocks off the coast of Italy had diverted the vessel onto a route not authorized by the company, its CEO says. Foschi suggested that the 10-year veteran of the company wanted to show off the ship to the port area of Giglio that it was passing. He decided to change the course of the ship to go closer to the island and pass in front of the little city that sits on that island," Foschi said. "This is what he wanted to do."

Okay I can understand the captain facing manslaughter charges because he made the decision to take the ship closer to shore. But then there is that abandoning ship charge. I must admit I don’t know what to think about that. The caption claims her fell over board after the ship hit the rocks and ended up in a life raft. He says he asked to be taken back to the ship but he was refused.

I kinda think the caption is lying cuz if it was me I probably would have beat everybody including the children getting off that damn boat. Tell me why is it expected in that profession that the Captain go down with the ship? We don’t expect airline pilots to stay in a burning plane while all the passengers exit first. If a bus or train gets into an accident we don’t expect the drivers to stay on board until every passenger is safely off.
Hell yeah that captain got the f*ck off that ship before he was dead too. Don’t get me wrong it would have been noble for him to stay but at the end of the day he has a family too, not to mention pure survival instincts. My heart goes out to the families that lost loved ones one that boat and yes someone need to pay for their pain and suffering. Maybe it’s the captain or maybe it’s the cruise company.

The last I heard the cruise company was giving back a 100% refund to all passengers and 30% off their next trip. ******blank stare……and crickets******

No comments: