Saturday, April 14, 2012

War On Women 2012

I was watching CNN (not sure of the show just turned on the TV) and the host was saying that Romney gets the pulse of women from his wife Ann. Apparently Ann told him that right now women are mostly concerned with jobs for their children as well as jobs for themselves. Ann told her husband that the economy is women's greatest concern right now.

Democratic strategist Hilary Rosen then said what does Ann know about what working women are concerned with when she never worked a day in her life. Hilary stated that Ann has no idea what it is like to be an average everyday woman going to work and trying to figure out how she is going to feed her kids and pay the mortgage. She did not think it was a good idea for Ann to be advising her husband on women issue when she could only come for the point of a rich housewife.

I must agree with both Hilary and Ann. Yes if you are a working woman you are greatly concerned about the economy. But I also agree with Hilary, Ann don't know shit about a working woman's struggle. But that is not to demean what a stay at home Mom does. I know that a stay at home Mom sacrifice her ambition to be a Mom. I know that her contribution to the home mostly goes unnoticed and that she receives not pay for her work.

But the real part of me says if your man makes enough money for you to stay at home then you are not that damn financially strapped. I live and work around people who are struggling to survive. I see people trying to keep their home, trying to keep the repo man off their cars, trying to figure out how the hell they gonna get their kids to college without coming out with massive debt. Most of the Moms I know are single and Ann sure as hell cant tell their story.

Right now Americans want this damn economy fixed and we don't give a fuck who fix it. I personally want to see Obama do a second term but I admit I was a bit taken back when the democrats tried to distance themselves from Hilary Rosen. They starting to act all shy again. Yes women voters are a big part of the pie and no one wants to offend them. But the truth is the truth and aint no backing down from the truth

No comments: