Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The Beautifulness Is Not Cheap

Okay y’all, I recently bought 3 pairs of fierce stilettos. The same shoe in three different colors. Don’t be shaking your head. I know you do it too. I saw the shoes yesterday and told myself do not buy those damn shoes; you know you are trying to get your finances together. I tried to keep the shoes off my mind, and then I started thinking about all the clothes that would look great with the shoes so I decided what the hell and whipped out the credit card and bought the shoes. (My girls know that key pieces in the wardrobe is worth every dime you pay) Now I have over 50 pairs of shoes in my closet already not to mention the mounds of clothes (some still have tags) that are hanging in my closet. Then I thought about the face cream and exfoliate I bought for $195.00 not to mention the $200.00 I plan to spend on my hair next month. I am totally overwhelmed with all the sh*t I do to stay “fly”. Now believe me I’m bossy like Kelis, but unlike Kelis I have no Nas and my paycheck is not as fat as I would like. Don’t get me wrong I don’t take the rent and car note money and spend it on bullsh**t, but I do like to look good. I wonder if the brothers know how much we go through to stay looking fresh to death. But real talk… Good credit is the building blocks to financial wealth. Oh best believe, that a sistah does invest and participate in the 401(k) plan at the job. Shoot I am trying to buy a house in the next year or two. Nothing wrong with looking good ladies but I am striving to look good in the future too! Well I will talk with y’all tomorrow. In the mean time pray for the Jena 6 http://www.blackpressusa.com/News/Article.asp?SID=3&Title=Hot+Stories&NewsID=13762

No comments: