Friday, August 24, 2007

Thank You For All That You Do

Good evening everybody,

I just received an e-mail from my good friend Ann* about her military training. Ann* is training incase she is deployed to Iraq. After reading her e-mail I was very thankful that we have people volunteering to go into the military and I appreciate all that the soldiers do to protect our country. I never really thought about the many challenges that the women in the military face. Here is an excerpt of Ann’s* e-mail


I worked 16 hours days, slept in a small tent for most of the days and then we had to move into a big tent with other females. I went 4 DAYS with out a shower and hot food. Can you imagine working all day in hot sun sweating and then you have to wipe yourself down with a freakin baby wipe. I felt so yucky not to mention mother nature paid me a visit. The 16 hour work days consist of standing watch for the enemy in either a foxhole or hummer truck for all of that time. Anyway we had to wear our fight jacket (bullet proof vest 10 pounds), CBR gear (in case of biological chemical attack) and carry our weapons with ammunition, water canisters at all times. The stuff was so heavy....I need to check with a spa when I return ..... Anyway I was constipated for days and could not use the restroom due to the MRE's. They did not taste as bad as I thought they would but they are loaded with sodium so I only ate one a day until the galley opened up...in which one MRE a day is worth 3000 calories. For the most part I was just very tired, irritated by my smell and others.


Ann* is one of my best friends ( ** note to Mike Vick, Ann would be a great friend for you, she’s from the hood, she won't snitch, plus she knows how to handle a gun if she needed to, she straight a ride or die chick.) I would like to thank all of the men and women serving in any capacity of the military. A sistah like me would die from sheer exhaustion. Please shout out in the comment section all the military people you know.

1 comment:

Lola Gets said...

Id like to send a shout out to my cousin...lets call him...Charles, whos a nurse/emt in the Air Force. Charles is in charge of one of the planes that flies the injured soldiers out of Iraq to Germany, and back to the States. Charles was in Gulf I and II, and has served one tour during this war. And this fool wants to do another tour! But, hey, its what hes good at.

L