Friday, October 5, 2007

Beware of Ticketmaster Scam


I am pissed to the highest level of pisstivety right now. I got played, jacked and bamboozled by a Customer Service Representative (CSR) at Ticketmaster. I recently purchased the new Jill Scott CD (which is fire, I’ve played it like a million times since I bought it.) and thought I would really love to see her in concert. I went online and discovered she was coming to LA on Oct 16th and the tickets were $45.00. I was excited that I would get a chance to see Jill so soon and quickly called Ticketmaster to purchase my ticket. I get the CSR on the phone and he gets all my information and tells me that there will be a service fee, a convenience fee, taxes, and a facility fee. With all the fees the ticket price increased to $61.20. I’m like hell naw, I don’t want to pay all those damn fees. F*ck it, I will catch Jill later cause I’m not trying to pay that much money to go to the House of Blues. So I told the CSR that I was not interested and he advised me that Ticketmaster has a program that would save me $20.00 off my current ticket. I asked him if the program cost and he said it was around $1.00 a month for the program. Of course I was like sign me up then, cause getting $20.00 off the $61.20 was right up my alley. So the CSR took all my information and told me at this time the ticket price is still $61.20 but he would transfer me to the department that handles the discounts. Suddenly, I am transferred to an Asian woman doing her best English impression trying to sell me a frequent traveler’s discount program. Okay, now I am totally confused. I told her I was transferred from Ticketmaster and he obviously transferred me to the wrong place. She then told me I was at the right location and that they give $ 20.00 off a Ticketmaster future purchase with the purchase of the frequent traveler’s discount program. Now by this time I am starting to get mad. I let her know that I am not interested in a future ticket purchase I wanted money off my current purchase, she let me know that the program she was offering did not allow that and that I was given misinformation and by the way the travelers program will cost $132.00 . By this point I ready to go completely and totally off on these people. So I hung up on the lady and immediately called Ticketmaster back to see why that CSR lied to me. I got a really nice guy on the phone and of course I was not in the mood to act civilized. I basically told him is mutha f*cking co-worker lied to me to get me to purchase a ticket and I think it was unethical and I wanted his ass reprimanded. The nice guy apologized vigorously and said that they are paid on commission and that many of the CSR’s use that program as a selling point. I advised him it would be in his best interest to place a supervisor on the line. So the supervisor gets on the line and I told her that I was reporting Ticketmaster to the Better Business Bureau for misrepresenting a service and for unethical practices. I told her that I did not appreciate her CSR lying to me to get his commission for the sale. The poor supervisor had to listen to me threaten rant and rave about how I planned on bring down Ticketmaster. Again all I got was a bunch of apologies but this time I was told that the employee would be reprimanded for his actions. If you think I believe that bullsh*t, then you better think another thought!!!!! So all I can say is Jilly from Philly better bring it. I want to hear all my jams and I aint playing. I do not want another repent performance of the Raheem DeVaughn situation (http://wisdomispriceless.blogspot.com/2007/08/party-like-rock-star-sike.html) cause that was horrid. But then again I might have some fun and Jill is one of my favorite artists so it may all work out in the end, I just don’t like the way home boy went about it.




4 comments:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

everybody got a hustle nowadays

Anonymous said...

hey if you are like like most black people, you clealy cant afford it man...so fuck off!! i got fucking tickets, because i am white!

Anonymous said...

hey if you are like like most black people, you clealy cant afford it man...so fuck off!! i got fucking tickets, because i am white!

Anonymous said...

Ticketmaster IS a scam. They have open several other companies for the "resale" of tickets, but claim its individual "professional resellers" So now, they can take tickets off their availiblity at Ticketmaster, then, sell it for at least double on TicketsNow! Don't believe their excuses. Ticketmaster scalps their own tickets!!