Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Me And These Dreaming Eyes Of Mine



Today I feel grrrrrrrrreat. I got a massage before coming to working this morning and I left the masseuse walking on cloud nine, feeling very groovy. I slept like a baby last night and felt absolutely fabulous this morning. Today is one of those days that feel like the Archangel Michael is hovering above me waiting to slay any negative thoughts or any depressing, angry, hating, unloving, demon that may try to attack me today. I’m having a great day at work (co-workers are staying the hell away). I wish I could feel like this everyday. Actually life is too short to be consumed with bullsh*t. With that in mind, last night I started working on my Life Plan. I plan to be a thousand-aire next year so this requires me to get my financial house in order and think about career moves. The photo above is my goal board, I actually have two but this is the one I created when I was really in a funk. My dream board keeps me in touch with my ultimate goals. The boards are comprised of more than just material possessions; it also has words, emotions, and spiritual goals. My board is the first thing I see when I wake up and the last thing I see when I go to sleep, it keeps me grounded and focused on my future. There are times when I get off track and get stuck in everyday life and let my dream slip momentarily, it rarely happens, but be advised it can happen. If you do not have a life plan I suggest you get one real quick. Focus on what makes you happy and go from there. Please, as hard as it maybe, don’t let money be your motivator. What would you do if money was not an object? What brings you joy? When do you feel on purpose? These are the questions you should consider when drafting your goals. Having goals is just a step to bring your dream into fruition. The next step is getting education or training and/ or surrounding yourself with people who are doing what you want to do. I am on this step now, I completed graduate school a few years back. However, school can not teach you what experience or training can. It took me awhile to understand this concept (yes I was a fool and thought an education guaranteed a great paying job) but it is part of the success journey. My goal is to open two businesses. One will be a real estate development firm and the other a non profit. Because I do not know anyone in these business fields I am joining Ladies Who Launch ( http://www.ladieswholaunch.com/) which is a business organization that help women launch their businesses. This group will surround me with women that are actively excelling in my area business. I also plan to volunteer at a non profit business so I can get a better understanding at how they are ran, and some of the challenges they face. When I dream, I dream big. That’s the only way I know how to do it! Cause I’m not trying to stay a thousand-aire forever.

No comments: