Monday, November 12, 2007

Slow Monday

Sorry for the lack of post but lately my life has been pretty normal and very uninteresting. Which in itself is a good thing, believe me I’ve had enough drama to last two lifetimes. Well it’s the beginning of the month and I’m broke all ready. I hate the beginning of the month because everything is due, and I watch my bank account slowly dwindle down to nothing. Y’all already know how I feel about paying the outrageously high rent and that was due plus other necessities like food and the car note. And to be honest I don’t think making more money would save me grief, because I am a typical negro, the more I make the more I spend, but I am slowly coming out of that thinking pattern. I recently returned things that still had tags on them that I really never needed to begin with. I hate debt but I am an impulse shopper so now I am avoiding the malls like crazy. Sadly, Christmas is coming up and most of the time I end up with more gifts for myself than for friends and family. Maybe I can shop online this year, but that would mean no last minute shopping (yeah right). Anyways, I got my locs and I love it. I really thought I was gonna look kinda like a nappy headed ho….. but that was not the case at all. My locs are very neat, well maintained and works well in the professional environment. It’s really a slow day today and I am bored out of my mind. Well I finally got the boot leg copy of American Gangster so I guess I will watch that tonight and just chill out. Speaking of American Gangster how did so many boot leg copies (good ones at that) get put on the market before the movie came out? This type of boot legging happens to the Tyler Perry's of the world, not movies like this. I was getting calls from St. Louis to Sacramento telling how great the movie was and how it's the best boot leg movie ever! And this was two days before the movie came out. Please believe boot legging has no color, a white guy on my job hooked me up with a copy. I'ma ask him to get me Why Did I Get Married next. Yeah I get boot leg especially when they are free. I got so many boot leg CDs that I hafta put them in the back seat becase I am running out of space. As they use to say.... don't hate the player .... hate the game

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Oscar screener's edition got out....sucks to be them....