Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Happy Berf-Day 2 Me


Well today is my berf-day, and things seem pretty normal so far. My berf-day always brings a time of reflection. If I could re-start my life I probably wouldn’t change a thing. Have I made wrong choices?..... Plenty of them, as a matter of fact I am sure to make a wrong choice before the end of this week, but as I grow my failures are becoming just as important as my successes. As I enter my third decade on this earth I realize some things are not as important as they seemed in my twenties. For example when I was in undergrad I would sit in my dorm room and plan my life. By age 25 I wanted to be halfway up the career ladder, by 28 I wanted to be married, by 30 start a family, retire by age 45, and live happily ever after. Thank God wisdom comes with age, because thus far I can only check the career off the list, because the other areas in my life can not be mandated by a check list. If you would have asked me 10 years ago if I saw myself chasing my career in Phoenix then moving to Los Angeles, single, living with roommates, no kids, and no husband ( or boyfriend for that matter) in site and loving it I would have yelled HELL NAW.. I ain’t leaving St. Louis ever, but life has a way of throwing curve balls at cha and things happen unexpectedly, it’s what makes life worth living. The failed relationships, the broken hearts, financial woes, job loss, horrible interviews, pay day loans, car repossession and deaths of loved ones have all shaped me into the person I am today, and I LOVE IT. To me every berf-day is a representation of being an over- comer, as Grandma would say sh!t happens……to good and bad people. At this time in my life I am finally letting go and letting flow, contentment can be your friend, chasing the next big thing can be exhausting. Believe me I am tired of the chase, so I am letting go and enjoying the scenery of life. Life is a beautiful thing …. I’ll be living my life like it’s golden again next year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I only started reading your blog a few weeks ago and I am glad that I found it:) I feel like I can relate to you.

Happy Birthday! :)

THE 78' MS. J said...

Happy belated birthday, I co-sign what the above poster said.

Anonymous said...

Happy belated B'day. I've been reading your blog for a month and I enjoy your stuff.




PEACE & BLESSINGS