Sunday, March 2, 2008

Not A Golden Moment!!!!!

Hey Everyone,

I know I have not posted in awhile, but the posting will be more frequent soon. I've just purchased a new lap top. I am waiting for my network provider to hook up the internet in my apartment. My life has changed so drastically since moving to St. Louis. First and foremost, I decided to try a relationship. The relationship thing is very hard for me. I've been single for a long time and sharing my time and space seems to be a hard thing for me. My guy seems to have an issue with me making more money than he does. Which is a big problem for me. I work HARD, and I get paid what I deserve, actually I think I am worth more. However, my pay is fair. My guy wants ALL my time, he calls constantly, when he's not calling he's at my place. Most of the time I feel smothered and wish he would just get him a life. I have feelings for him, and I really want this relationship thing to work, but right now my career is number one in my life. I moved home to be closer to family and friends and honestly since hooking up with homeboy I haven't spent much time with family or friends.


Then it's his occupation (or lack of one). He moved from another state to be closer to me. I knew that finding a job would be tough, but I really feel that he is too relaxed about the situation. Unfortunately, he smokes ( which I hate) and what lil money he has, he spends on cigs. and other stupid things. When he goes job hunting, he goes in a hoodie and baggy jeans. I attempted to tell him that his choice of clothing may prevent him from finding a job. But, he feels that I am being bossy and unrealistic about his job search.


This relationship is on life support and I am ready to pull the plug. I feel obligated because he left Florida to be with me. I knew he would have to find a job, but I did not agree to fully support him. I had no idea he would be so relaxed about finding a job. Funny thing is.... when I was single all I wanted was a relationship. Now I have a relationship I secretly wish I was single again.


Today we got in an argument and I was told him to leave me the hell alone. Now he keeps calling and I am not sure if I am doing the right thing. Ladies and Gentlemen give me your best advise.

5 comments:

Goodnapps said...

Congratulations on the big move!!

You have to do what your heart and peace of mind is telling you to do. It's your decision and you have to live with it. Not your family and friends.

THE 78' MS. J said...

Glad you made it back to the Lou safe and sound. As far as the relationship goes wow, basically he sounds like a needy unrealistic whiner. Anytime you move you have to know that you will have to find a job to support yourself. I believe dude figured he was about to lay up and live off the fat of the land. Tell him that if he doesn't shape it up and get it together not only will the relationship be over but you will gladly get him a grayhound bus ticket and send him right back on home to momma. Don't let him hold you hostage with guilt he is a grown man who should have planned better. Don't be his sugamomma if that's what he is looking for tell him to call spicy creole jr.

Tina said...

You know this relationship isn't working out, you took a risk, he took a risk. You need him out of your life. Don't feel guilty about his situation - it's of his own doing. If he has a problem with you making more $$ than him, that is GINORMOUS warning sign. If he's constantly hounding you for attention, that's another ginormous one.

You can't force a relationship to work. Either it does or it doesn't. I have a feeling if you tried to salvage this relationship you'd end up regretting that you wasted so much time on it.

Unknown said...

I never give out love advice, that is the quickest way to lose a friend!
But,I think you already know what you have to do. Do what ever is best for you...
Peace & Love!

Brown Sugar said...

Honey,

Let him go.

You know that.

Sometimes its easier said than done howvever.