Friday, March 28, 2008

A World On The Brink Of Hell


Today I was listening to the news and heard that a 12 year old girl was allowed to work in a strip club in Dallas, TX. According to court documents, the 12-year-old told club employees that she was 19, but couldn't give them identification and didn't know what year she was born if she were that age. The club still allowed this child to dance in their establishment. I swear this world is going to hell with gasoline draws. I've been to strip clubs and could not imagine being on stage, let alone a 12 year old, with 12 year old thoughts being the object of sexual desires. Hell at 12 years old I still loved my Cabbage Patch Doll, I still jumped double dutch, I still watched cartoons and I was basically still a kid. I know that kids today live in a very different world than I did in the 80's, but who would take advantage of a child like that. Yes, this child probably did not have the parental guidance or family support, but we gotta get back to being the village.
Anyway, it's Friday nite and I am blogging and watching one of my favorite movies, Waiting to Exhale. Man I love this movie, it's still so relateable. I wish I had a good bottle of wine: that way I would be sleep already. I am pissed because I live in this nice ass apartment, but the refrigerate work only half the time. It's a new "ice box", but sometimes it gets hot and stop working, then all the sudden it kicks back on. Luckily I never have food or I would be cussing someone out at the leasing office. Well I'll holla at y'all later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"lukily I never have food"

I can relate...
Go to the grocery store LADY!!!

Anonymous said...

Crazy...