Friday, June 6, 2008

Fabulously Broke

I read today that Ed McMahon and Evander Holyfield are facing foreclosures on their homes. Ed states he is $644,000 behind on his 4,000,000 home. Ed ‘s wife stated, “we have less money than people may think and we could have done a better job managing their finances. We didn't keep our eye on the ball. We made mistakes," she said. "It's embarrassing to say the least, and it's sad, because you know, Ed's worked his whole entire life."


Evander’s $10,000,000 home is set to auction off by Washington Mutual bank on
July 1st, and if that was not bad enough he also owes $550,000 in loans used to pay for landscaping on his 95-hectare estate. Just when you thought things couldn’t possibly get worst for good ole Real Deal, his baby mama is taking him to court because missed two payments equaling $6,000.


While both of these men were once considered multi-millionaires, this is a testament that if you are not a good steward over your finances or anything for that matter, you will surely lose it. Ed McMahon has been working all my life. I remember seeing him on television as a child and though many of my adult years. Can you imagine working your whole life to end up broke at the age of 85? This economy is no freaking joke! Being financially prepared is a key component of survival now days. Paying the rent late to cop those House Of Dereon Jeans and those cute shoes out of Nine West is no longer an option. Cutting back is the name of the game, especially when milk is damn near $4.00 a gallon and gas prices are rising so quick if you blink the price will change.

Don’t even get me talking about that damn stimulus check. So the gub’ment wants me to spend that “extra” money on something nice eh. Well I spent mine on my rent, and paid a few bills. Again how the hell can I justify purchasing a $400.00 Coach purse when it takes me$ 65.00 a week to fill up my gas tank, huh. People this is not the time for stunting and fronting. I hate to see so many people losing their homes due to the credit crunch. Unfortunately, people are losing their jobs too. Companies are cutting back and laying people off left and right, leaving many people to rely on unemployment benefits, welfare and food stamps. Although, I am complaining I am blessed to have a job and able to pay my bills in a timely fashion. Believe me chile, it hasn’t always been like that. Embracing the spirit of gratefulness and sustaining my faith it usually gets me through what ever life throws at me.

No comments: