Thursday, June 25, 2009

RIP..... MIKE

Can you hear it...my heart just broke into a thousand pieces. I just heard Michael Jackson passed away. Truly Michael was the first boy I ever loved, my first crush. I remember me and my cousin would get into arguments about who was the bigger MJ fan and who he would date between the two of us. I LOVE MJ, I'VE BEEN A FAN SINCE I WAS 5 YEARS OLD AND I AM 33!!!!! MJ holds fond memories of me and my brother dancing and singing along to thriller and beat it. I remember my mother dressed me up in a beat it jacket with pleather pants and my brother had a thriller jacket with red pleather pants and we looked too good on Easter. I know MJ had all those surgeries and had that child molestation thing... but you could not deny his talent. I remember when they would do world premiers of his videos me and my family would sit around the television and be mesmerized by this amazing guy doing amazing moves. He seemed so full of charisma and charm. Michael is the reason me and my brother got Jherri Curls. MJ is the King of Pop and there will NEVER be another like him. Last night my friend's and I had a memorial service for Mike and we had a blast. We made pizza rolls, brownies and nachos and turned on BET, CNN and MTV and watch the coverage. We sang songs, drank koolaid jammers, discussed how Mike had to fight so many demons and keep his head up at the same time. We laughed at our favorite MJ memory. We basically had a good time celebrating the life of the legendary Michael Jackson. We lost a great one y'all. Michael represents a time when I was naive and innocent, when music was fun and life was easy. My family was good, I was good and it was the 80's. I remember in the
70's having a dancing contest with my family to the song dancing machine. Man before the song was over everybody in the house was dancing, bell bottoms moving and grooving. I've shared so many moments of my life with Michael. He is part of the sound track of my life. I feel like a family member passed away. You know who you get that bad gut feeling that won't leave, well that is how I feel. Michael was personal to me, he was apart of my life. I really will miss him more than than the words on this screen can convey. But what gives me joy is my little brother is in heaven and I believe he was waiting on MJ to clear the gate so he could get a personal dance lesson. Life is precious, time is priceless, spend it wisely. Be kind to others, understand that everyone is not like you and that is okay. We love you and we will miss you. Mike rest in peace and fly, dance and sing with the angels baby. When you see my lil brother John in heaven, please teach him how to do the moon walk the right way....without socks gliding on the kitchen floor!










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mad as hell you said you been a phone since u was 5