Thursday, July 23, 2009

Why People Hating On Universal Health Care?



And what insurance will you be using for your visit? This is the question that I am asked every time I go to a new doctor’s office. Most of them assume that due to the excessive amounts charged by doctors and pharmaceutical companies no one in their right mind would be paying out of pocket for health care coverage.

Thankfully Blue Cross and Blue Shield make sure I stay healthy and keep regular doctor visits. However, there was a time then I did not have health insurance. I remember when I was between jobs and my tooth began to really give me trouble. My tooth hurt so bad it would keep me up at night, ambesol was kept on my person at all times. The pain was so sever I was often left weeping in my bed praying for the pain to stop. Well my Aunt asked if I wanted to use her insurance card to get my tooth pulled, I agreed immediately. Never mind that I was born in 1975 and my Aunt was born in 1950! When the dentist asked me about the discrepancy in the birth year I played it off like my employer was aware and was in the process of getting that taken care of. Man ……… I felt like a new woman once that tooth was out of my head. Yeah I knew it was basically insurance fraud, but no dentist would see me without insurance and I did not have the money to pay for it out of pocket, so what was I suppose to do?

I think all Americans should sacrifice if it means that everyone can have medical insurance. Medical insurance should be a civil liberty, a basic right. Unfortunately, we have allowed doctors and pharmaceutical companies to put a price on life. The United States has the most expensive health care in the world. I’ve watch several family members and friends try to cope without heath insurance. Many use the emergency room as a doctor’s office and often find out about life threatening illness too late.

I understand wealthy Americans want more information on Obama’s universal health plan. Wealthy Americans will be taxed higher as one revenue stream for the plan; I would want as much information as possible too! However, most wealthy Americans have great health benefits and access to top doctors. It’s hard to worry about something when it does not affect you…………but if it affects your money people are all ears.


One of the reasons I voted for Obama was his health care initiative. We must place a higher value on life than on money. Face it, we (the insured) end up paying higher premiums because all the funds the goes uncollected by the uninsured. So since we are paying for it anyway let’s just figure a way that allows everyone coverage.

Lets put life above capitalism

3 comments:

David Okafor said...

You are right.

We have to put life first and some how have to pay more if everyone isn't covered.

Constructive Feedback said...

With all due respect - your post makes little sense.

[qutoe]I think all Americans should sacrifice if it means that everyone can have medical insurance.

Medical insurance should be a civil liberty, a basic right. Unfortunately, we have allowed doctors and pharmaceutical companies to put a price on life.[/quote]

What does YOUR THOUGHTS about "All Americans sacrificing" have to do with Health Care being a "Civil Liberty and thus encumbering someone else's PRIVATE PROPERTY so that another's health care needs are met?

CIVIL LIBERTY? I thought that this had to do with one's PERMISSIVENESS to do what they please? How does this get inserted into the health care debate?
This is mere jargon.


[quote] We must place a higher value on life than on money.[/quote]

What you are REALLY SAYING is "You want OTHER PEOPLE to be made more willing to LET GO of THEIR MONEY so that you can achieve your goals of more health care coverage.

Let me ask you - What If there was a proposal that forced college students to go to Medical school at government expense yet they had to work for 10 years as a government doctor, making no more than $50,000 per year?

Why is this any more contemptible than your plan? Doesn't this achieve the "People over their desire for Money" mandate that you have set forth?

[quote] Face it, we (the insured) end up paying higher premiums because all the funds the goes uncollected by the uninsured. So since we are paying for it anyway let’s just figure a way that allows everyone coverage.[/quote]

This is quite a unique talking point. Think about it - If "we are paying the money already" then the money is IN THE SYSTEM SOMEWHERE already, right? Its a matter of central control and redistribution of resources.

IF THIS IS SO - How is it that the Health Care Industry's profits are ONLY $14 billion per year among the top 15 companies? If it will take $90 billion per year MORE to cover all people - WHERE IS THE MONEY?

The pro-government health care people keep attacking the status quo. The reason for the difficulty in passing the legislation is that WHEN YOUR PLAN COMES TOGETHER the "smoke and mirror" of the COSTS comes out front and it is show to be an unworkable plan.

IF ONLY you did support "People Over Profits" - you'd draw more upon the local communities who are demanding health care services, making sure that they have more total involvement in the health outcomes.

Instead you only seek to have SOCIETY via GOVERNMENT TAXATION to provide health care services.

HEALTH CARE OUTCOMES are not equivalent TO HEALTH CARE SERVICES.

Anonymous said...

http://technologiesuae.com/#7434 signs drug abuse xanax - xanax generic side effects