Friday, April 18, 2008

Easy Listening....... NOT!

Now that I am back in St. Louis I get to listen to more urban radio. In Cali most of the music was pop or west coast rap. So I grew to like songs like Bubbly by Colbie Caillat , Apologize by Timbaland, and It Won’t Be Soon Before Long by Maroon 5. Although I craved a little hard core rap every now and again…. the music began to grow on me.


The stuff that comes on the radio in St. Louis leaves me scratching my head and feeling old. No really, can any of you tell me what the hell is a bust it baby? The rapper Plies has this song out called Bust It Baby and for the life of me, I can not determine if the term is a compliment or derogatory. Then there’s Lil Wayne song Lollipop, I can get with the song but it is too much for the radio. Especially at the end when he says…. So I let her lick the rapper. WTF. Most of the time I have to pop in a CD or just turn off the radio cuz I just can’t take it.

When T-Pain dominated the charts with I’m In Love With A Stripper, I thought black radio had it an all time low. But each day they let us know they can go lower than the day before. I guess our parents felt the same way, cuz I loved me some Too Short, NWA, 8 Ball and MJG, and Ghetto Boys. But the difference was most of their “good” songs never made it too the radio. Today anything goes. I wonder what the next rap sensation will be? Matter fact I don’t give a damn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree!