Monday, August 25, 2008

Behind Every Good Man....




Is a strong woman. OMG I just finished watching the Democratic National Convention and I must admit Michelle did a phenomenal job. As I listened to her speak my eyes welled up with tears of joy.

I was filled with pride and admiration. Michelle inspires me to push further, harder and beyond my circumstances. This speech touched every demographic in America regardless of race, creed or color.

Who can't relate to a woman coming from an average background putting herself through school to become highly successful. Tonight Michelle present herself as every woman, she appealed to the single mother, the wife, the parent and the grandparent. Pretty much anyone that every had to fight to obtain a piece of the so called American pie should be able to relate to the Obamas'.

I would love to see Cindy McCain speak at the Republic Convention. Maybe she knows how many homes they own. Cindy has been very quiet compared to Michelle, but she may be able to give the American people a different perspective of John McCain.... not that I care.

Michelle did what no other wife of a presidential nominee has ever done, which is speak at the convention. She has raised the bar for future first ladies, we no longer expect them to be trophy wives. After Nancy Reagan and Hilary Clinton we all know how influential first ladies can be to their husbands. So it's very important to know where they stand too!

Michelle, thank you for showing America what a majority of black women represent on a daily basis. You are truly an inspiration.

2 comments:

Mmm said...

Yes, Michelle absolutely rocked. I love her and I'm a conservative Repub, but one can't help but admire her eloquence, obvious intelligence and strength. The Obamas' socail graces is something the Clintons can only dream of.

Anonymous said...

I think Michele and Barack have shown their two daughters a path that is simply amazing.

Go Michele!