Monday, September 1, 2008

Girl's Nite Out

Wow I’ve been working like crazy. My job has offered me unlimited over time and I’ve been working like a Hebrew slave…whew. Twenty hours of overtime a week is very tiring and my social life (and blogging life) has been in the proverbial toilet.

However, this Saturday it was on and popping. My girlfriends and I had a girl’s nite out and we went home drunk and happy. This week was the blues festival so we went to the festival ate great bar-b-que and watched some phyne men sing the blues. Then we decided to go to the comedy club… of course everything is funnier when you’re drunk. I laughed really hard. You know those deep belly laughs, I haven’t laughed like that in a long time. I heard laughing was good for the soul and I believe it’s true.

Then after the comedy club we went to a real upscale bar (yeah more drinks). As we enjoyed ourselves men would come by and buy us a round a drinks. I was totally floored each time… I thought that was a thing that happened back in the day. Each man would comment on how we seemed to be having a genuine good time, acting like we were the only people in the bar.

That night I went to bed with a smile on my face. Before you ask…..I went home alone. The smile was on my face because I forgot how good it felt just to have a good time with my friends. Most times I am focusing on my goals and my problems so much I forget to just live life.

Life with its ups and down is still a beautiful thing. Life is truly a golden opportunity ..make the best of it.

No comments: