Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Meet the New First Family




The people have spoken and they have chosen Barack H. Obama to be their fierce leader. To that I shout, "Thank You Lord, This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it."

Seriously folks, my heart is so full of pride it could bust. This is history and I feel honored to be apart of it. Many black people were overwhelmed with emotions, tears flowed like the Mississippi River. I know the ancestors were in heaven dancing.

To me the emotions shown by many blacks represented the pinned up aggression that we all have learned to live with. The silent non spoken of glass ceiling was shattered last night. Yes we've always been told that we can be whatever we wanted.. but we never dared believe we can hold the highest position in the land.

But today is a new day. Yea I know racism and other injustices will not end today, but I feel this is the bridge to change. Also I feel confidant in telling my nephews with hard work, determination, character and integrity you can do and be ANYTHING.

Did y'all see when Michelle and the girls came on stage... it was pure magic. I love the way this man loves his wife and kids. It's a love so deep, it's more of a thing than an emotion. You can almost see the love this man has for his family. I desire to obtain a love similar to what Barack and Michelle have.

Anyway..... I partied until 3am. I was feeling good last night and when I went to work this morning I was all smiles. Many of my co-workers were smiling and laughing and talking about where they were when they heard the news.

However, there was some people who was still sour about McCain losing. They really did not want to talk about it and for the first time in two years did not want to talk about politics. Last week I could not get these same folks to shut up, oh well.

Did ya'll see all those people in Grant Park last night. The people in Chi Town represented last night didn't they. They said it was at least a million people there to hear Obama speak last night. There were people of all ages, shades and backgrounds. I especially got tickled when I saw about a thousand people dancing and celebrating in front of the white house. I bet George was a lil pissed to see people outside his door celebrating the end of his term. Not to mention the people all over the United States blaming him for this mess and voting in record numbers to make sure that the republicans did not stand a chance. The republicans probably hate George and Sarah Palin right about now

Please keep Obama and his family in your prayers. I do worry that someone may try to harm him. I may be over cautious but we are still in Amerikkka, and a total change has not taken place.

In the words of Sam....It's been a long, long time coming but I know change gon come...oh yes it will

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the look of the new First Family!