Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Mad as a Mutha

There are a few characteristics about me that get me in a lot of trouble.
1. Very opinionated
2. Headstrong
3. At times extremely vocal

Today at work those attributes were tested and just as expected I lost it. Okay check it…. my department is throwing a party for a lady that I don’t particularly care for. People came around asking for donations for food or if each person could bring a dish. Now, I’m a person that if I deal with you then cool….but if I don’t mess with you then I don’t mess with you….period. I will be cordial to you even if I don’t fool with you but I don’t pretend to be your supporter when I am not... see that is fake shit. So anyway I told my department that I will not be making any contributions nor will I be attending the party. That causes a few people in my department to get pissy and give me the side eye. So I’m like “what’s the problem?”

Then two individuals start whispering about me not wanting to participate. Now I get upset and let them know that I do what the fuck I wanna do with my money. The lady has rarely spoken two works to me and when she does they come across as superior, condescending and patronizing. So then one of my co workers says, “ I just don’t think it is cool that you are not participating”. Of course I like WTF, did the bish give you some money or contribute to any party that you know of? She said she was not aware if she did or not. I started to get more upset because people were questioning my choice not to be inclusive. Then co-worker says well we got visitors in the building and I just don’t want to get into it. At this point I got steam coming out of my ears and I said “don’t start shit, whispering and getting your opinion across and then think of an excuse not to hear what I wanted to say." Now if you truly didn’t give a damn you would have shut the fuck up and turned around to face your computer and went on about your day.

I just want to know how someone think they gonna regulate my pockets. I get so tired of working in an office sometimes. I know I have an attitude and when it clashes with other people that come to work with an attitude it’s like a ticking time bomb.

I just had to get that off my chest. BTW how you doing

No comments: