Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I'm Backkkkkk

Hello everyone I am officially back from a 2 week vacation and as sad as it sounds I am happy to be back home. Every time I go on a long vacation by the end of it I start to dread the whole airport situation, sitting still for several hours, going to baggage claim and finding my ride.. all this shit makes me sick, but what’s a girl to do? Y’all know I flew SouthWest and those 747 planes were not made for thick sistas. As luck would have it I had to sit in the middle on all 4 flights and I basically had to tuck in my shoulders and stay perfectly still so I would not be in the lap of the people sitting on either side of me. When I finally got off the plane I felt like I had been bent like an origami, had a knot in my neck and had aches in my back and shoulders. However, for the price of $ 179.82 for a round trip ticket from Orlando to L.A what can I expect? With prices so low you know they hafta scrimp on things like …. uh….space and comfort. Cuz I’m a sistah living on a budget y’all know I started running out of money at the end of my vacation so once the money was low I was ret to go home. After spending a week in the frigid cold in St. Louis, I spent another week in Orlando. Wouldn’t you know it was cold there too!!! For the first 5 days it never got past 65 degrees. I was too pissed. On top of that my friend got arrested in Kissimmee, FL for driving with a suspended license. We were pulled over by a Chrysler Minivan and a Ford F-150, we later learned that Kissimmee uses undercover cops to catch traffic violators, and they arrest (not ticket) people that drive without a license or a suspended license. While in jail my friend says he was told that the slogan of Florida is “Come on vacation, leave on probation, and come back on a violation”. We found out the hard way that Kissimmee, FL makes most of their money locking up and ticketing tourist (Disney World is in Kissimmee). So if you are going to or through Kissimmee please do not ride dirty, cuz you will be in jail. I just want to reiterate that I am happy to be home, too bad I am a salaried employee, cuz I could sure use some overtime. Well until next time….. be easy.

1 comment:

Debo Blue said...

Welcome back and a happy, prosperous new year:-)