Monday, January 14, 2008

St. Louis Here I Come

I got the job!!!!! I got a promotion at my job that will allow me to move back home to The Lou. I am so happy right now, for all of you who prayed.... a million thanks and if you didn't ... kiss my behind on my way out of Cali. Don't get me wrong there are some things about Los Angeles that are absolutely great... like all the different cultures, concerts, museums, attractions, the ocean, the weather, and the fashion. But things like the cost of living, traffic, no affordable housing, low paying entry level jobs, learning Spanish makes life easier, paying for parking at all venues and events, severe overcrowding and did I mention the traffic, which made life hard for a sistah. I know that I will miss somethings about California but as they say home is where the heart is, and being home will bring me close to family and friends. I have missed my family (especially my nephews) terribly and I hated not being apart of their life. I expect to be leave L.A. sometime next month, but I do not look forward to the packing. This will be my 3rd move to a different city in 5 years, so hopefully it will be my last. The move will not affect the blog so keep stopping by, however the post may be slower than usual.

No comments: