Friday, January 25, 2008

Road Trip .......Home


Well on Sunday my friend Alicia and I will start that long road trip home to St. Louis. Honestly, I hope we have a lot of fun and don't kill each other in the process. We estimate it will be a 2.5 day trip ( a sistah gotta rest). We plan to eat at good dives and do a bit of sight seeing, and trying not to get lost in the process. I remember when I drove out West the first time by myself. I was full of dreams and ambition, foolish enough to get in my 1996 (mind you it was 2005) Mercury Sable, with no radio, no air, and a failing transmission and took route 66 (hwy 40) all the way to Phoenix, AZ. Thankfully people were praying for me and my hooptie cuz we made it all the way. After being away from family and friends I've grown so much, learned so much, and feel so much better about myself. It's amazing how much a person can progress when the only person you can count on is God. Once you are pulled away from all that is familiar, you can readily face your demons and come away a stronger person. I am happy to be going home, with my new found strength I feel I can accomplish anything. I my new motto is " Forget about trying to make it through the storm, Life is about learning to dance in the rain." Cuz believe me life will rain on you... but the key is learning to be happy regardless of what life throws at you, regardless of how it looks on the outside... happiness is a state of mind, not something that can be obtained through materialistic trappings.
I expect to busy for about 2-3 weeks so there may be very little post during this time. Please be patient cuz I will be back to stating the facts and giving MY opinion. So be easy people and I'll holla at y'all later.

2 comments:

Debo Blue said...

Have a safe trip, God bless and Godspeed!!

Unknown said...

Hello there,
just passing through, very nice to meet you. I look forward to coming back.
Blessings!