Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Big Girls Unite



As I’ve state previously I have never been a small woman and I have no problems with that. (neither have the men that I’ve bedded ). But I must admit that when I picked up my Glamour magazine and saw what they did to America I was pissed. So many companies in the beauty industry claim that women are beautiful in all shapes and sizes, but when it’s time to show and prove they fail miserably. For example, I recently went to a major department store to get some more “work” clothes and of course I saw many things that I liked, but not in my size. Everything cute only went up to a size 10, which is cool if you’re a size 10, but if not you’ll be directed to the “plus” side of the store. Upon entering the “plus” side I noticed there were a few cute things but nothing like the “regular” side. I had to really take my time, do some mixing and matching, try on few things and eventually I settled on a few pieces. Yes I said settled because I was not particularly elated with my purchases, but they would do. So look here fashion industry, we big girls want to have just as many options as the thin women. I want to walk in the store and be able to eye my pieces from across the room. My time is precious boo, I got other thangs I could be doing like getting a pedicure, a massage or watching my man Idris Elba on the Wire. What I don’t want to do is to look at rack after rack of clothing hoping to find something that I like. And I don’t want to always retreat to the “fat” stores to find something in my damn size. It has been my experience as a pleasantly plump woman that if I see something that looks good and the price is right, to buy it right then and there because it might not be there on payday. Don’t be fooled people we big girls like to look good too! Ask my girl Angie she stays looking fresh to death, or my girl Rashida she stay on her fashion game. Although I like some things in LB (Lane Bryant) most of that stuff is just plain ole overpriced, and if you wait you can catch most of it on sale in about 30-60 days. One of the problems that I have with LB is those damn Vanezia jeans. Please tell me what is so damn special about these jeans that they run between $50.00-$68.00 dollars, then if you think that is pricey for a pair of generic jeans they have some that they consider their top self brand call Seven7 jeans and these can run up to $95.00 more. WTF!!!!! Come on now, this is not Macy’s. Nordstrom’s, Dillard or Sears for that matter. But if you can afford it and it looks good on you, then don’t let Black Doll steer you wrong, they are just a bit pricey for me. I rarely wear jeans so to spend a great deal of money on them would be foolish for me. Oh just to let you skinny sistah know, we big girls can rock the same fashion styles as you, and look damn good doing it (hey I do it errrr-day). Check out JHud looking fabulous in her “skinny’ girl dress. Work-em Jen .


3 comments:

Debo Blue said...

Speak girl!

You about to make me send you an offering for preaching like that:-)

Debo Blue said...

PS-this is a great picture of JHud.

Anonymous said...

Who is the bomb sister on the left?