Monday, September 24, 2007

Starting Some Mess

Happy Monday People,


Sorry for the lack of post, Friday I needed to take a mental day off. Part of it was due to hair issues. Ladies y’all know what I’m talking about, you got the fly gear and your shoe game is tight, but ya damn hair looks like you’ve been electrocuted or worst you had a great hair style that really needs to be taken down (like some nappy braids) . Whatever the reason my money was kinda funny this week and I was tired of wrestling with wigs and hair pieces so I just needed to take a 3day weekend and look crazy at home.


While I was at home I started some sh*t with the roommates. In case y’all didn’t know both my roommates are white and in most cases it’s cool, but sometimes I excuse myself from the conversation, cause as my friends says I’m quick to go all sistah sistah , power to the people on folks ( especially white folks). Anyway, Friday I was in the mood for head games, plus I wanted to know how my roommates felt about the situation in Jena, LA. We were all in the living room and I turned the T.V. on CNN and they were talking about the rally. So I said, “Y’all heard what’s going on in Jena.” The cool roommate said “Yeah that doesn’t make any sense.” I really didn’t know what she meant by this comment but I didn’t respond right away because the ignorant roommate was quick to say, “ Everyone keeps losing sight of the fact that those boys injured another boy really bad, and Rev AL and Jessie Jackson are quick to get involved and stray away from the facts.” So you know me I was like “Ole boy got his ass whooped don’t get me wrong, but he was calling those young men niggers and other racially charged names so he should have known it was a possibility that he was gone get that butt spanked. Plus he went to a school game after he left the hospital so he was not THAT injured. (In my old neighborhood a real ass whooping consisted of a short stay in the hospital, you might hafta run to see a dentist, get a few stitches, and get some coco butter for the bruises. Then you had to stay in the house for at least a week to wait for the embarrassment factor to wear down, ya dig) Then the cool roommate (who is a teacher) was like “Yes, they got in a fight but those kids should not be charged with attempted murder. I was cracking up, it was a white on white argument and I was luving it. The cool roommate went on to say that white people keep focusing on the ass beating and not the charges, and the fact that the black kids were arrested and the white kids just got a slap on the wrist. Ole girl was ready to go into a war of words with my other roommate, and the ignorant one just retreated back into the kitchen and shut the hell up. I felt like Flavor Flav ( Yeaaaaah Boyeeee). Shout out to all my people that went to Jena to the rally, those that wore black on Thursday and those who sent up a prayer. I am sure it was all needed and appreciated.

No comments: